Thursday, October 25, 2007

Raid the Recycling: There may be a cool kitchen in there!

Cruising Craftster I found an AMAZING play kitchen (made from salvaged-from-the-dumpster cardboard!) and a smart new(-to-me) blog.

Anna of Forty-Two Roads: Art, Craft, Life made this ingenious interlocking (glueless, nail-less, duct tape free) play kitchen for her daughter Lara's second birthday. And not only is it well-engineered (it disassembles into totally flat pieces for storage!!!), it's also breathtakingly cute. This is one glorious geek mama at work.

With no further ado, please go check out young Lara's delicious kitchen...

Nov. 1, 2007 UPDATE:
Plans are now available for this great kitchen!
Photos used with permission. (c) Anna Wulick, 2007. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is just friggin' awesome!!! Thanks for triggering the craftiness in my brain.

indywriter said...

I had just stumbled across this on my own at craftster. I was totally impressed. I am tempted to try this with some paneling or other sturdy material. But I remember well my own cardboard kitchen. It was fabulous (and as it was circa 1979, it was also quite groovy).

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest most adorable craft idea I've ever seen... I can't wait to get started on my own. My daughter Azriella will love this kitchen set.. Thank you for the wonderful idea.
Jennifer Koch