Thursday, December 13, 2012

Blasts from the Past: Three Favorite Hacks from the Days of Yore

In the past few months, I've found myself periodically looking through the archives to answer friends' questions. I've stumbled into old hacks which long ago turned into nearly-invisible standard family operating procedures.

So, for the subscribers who haven't been around for all six years, here are three of our all-time favorite hacks.

Babyproofing: Hacking a Wooden Bi-fold Door

While not my first post, this hack is the one that made me feel a part of a larger conversation. My jubilation when Asha covered it on Parent Hacks still resonates. It's also a cheap, clean-looking preventative for pinched fingers. Our latches are still going strong six years later.

The Big Muddy: Keeping Stroller Gunk Out of Car Upholstery 

Earlier this year I replaced this Thanksgiving tablecloth after years of use. I only wish the rest of the car had weathered those last five years as well as the cargo area.

Holiday Hack: Toddler-Friendly Ornaments

The kids still love doing this, and it means far less stuff to pack away after the holidays. I suspect Ranger will add some LEGO creations to the upper branches this year.

Thanks for strolling down memory lane with me, and thank you for reading Baby Toolkit!

***Baby Toolkit is a half dozen years' worth of hacks and conversation written by a couple geeky Midwesterners. Thank you for reading us! We're Amazon affiliates, so a small percentage of purchases through our Amazon links goes to help our operating costs online and in the real world. We also podcast about board games at Great Big Table.

No comments: