In the meantime, my feed reader filled with bloggy goodness.
Here are some recent favorites:
- Maker's Schedule, Manager's Schedule (by Paul Graham) explains a lot about how my life works (or doesn't work). Babies and kids don't really understand either kind of schedule, but the Raptor definitely wants a manager momma which makes blogging (and many other activities) complicated. (thanks, Z Recs)
- Craftster superstar Vegbee and family are moving into an RV and hitting the road. Her post about letting go of accumulated stuff inspires me to address my own troubled relationship with disused objects (particularly gifts).
- Speaking of stuff, Z Recommends adopts and explains a new Keep No Stuff review policy. Jim and I have been discussing our own review policy. We currently disclose any free review samples and vested interest in companies (it's pretty simple, we're far too lazy to invest). When I get a little maker time, we'll discuss our own review, advertising, and privacy policies.
- Ranger, the Raptor, and I have been frequenting the local spray parks, but I think we may have to build our own mist sprayer/bike wash from this great instructables tutorial.
- I've always wondered how people could maturely combat real life trolls like hatemonger Fred Phelps, and this solution seems divinely inspired. Thank you, Bill Childs.
- By the way, if you're not listening to Bill, Ella, and Liam Childs on their excellent kids' radio show Spare the Rock, you are most certainly missing out. [podcast feed]
- Another hankie doll you can make in a pinch with only a handkerchief and a ring or a piece of string. [earlier]
- Anyone going to the GenCon Indy in a couple weeks? It's a great gaming convention in the heart of Indianapolis. Check out their family day and its great price then make plans to meet us there!
What posts have drawn your attention lately?